Monday, October 29, 2012

Monday blues

I got to the office quite early today, because I thought I needed some preparation for the meeting scheduled after lunch. Apparently, there was a mail sent at 7.30am earlier today, to cancel the meeting. If only I got the mail earlier, I could be at home with Izz right at this very moment. Not having to go to work at all. Some people are just plain inconsiderate, aren't they? Just blindly changing appointments like other people don't have anything better to do but wait around for their meeting invites.

Then not long after that, I got another meeting invite to reschedule the meeting that was supposed to happen today, and it was rescheduled to Wednesday. I immediately declined with the reason Wednesday is workday -1 for the coming closing so I simply DON'T HAVE THE TIME (even if I have the time, I'm sure there's something much better to do). This is our financial year end closing anyway. I expect it to be much hectic that normal month or quarter closing. And the meeting is not even necessary in the first place. Why on earth would I bother?

I look forward to the VoW survey next year. I can't wait to give my rating. Trust me, it won't be good. Why do people need to be told that they are not good before they can improve? Can't they just think and evaluate whether they are doing a good job or not, and base their decisions and actions on that? I guess some people need to be told right to their faces "YOU ARE NOT DOING A GOOD JOB. IMPROVE (or leave)!!!".

To make things even a lot better for today (I'm being sarcastic here), there's very little aircond in the office. We have to use fans. Yes, a very high tech gadget used prior to the invention of aircond. Fans are still widely used in Malaysian household these days because it would cost a bomb should one decide to use aircond all year round. For a country with no winter, that is possible.

With this, I have decided to work from home after lunch. That time is coming soon. Then I think I'll have a good day... spending time at home (while working of course), watching Izz clinging to my mom unnecessarily... with me clenching my jaw to refrain from scolding him. Hahaha... yup, good day ahead.

2 comments: