Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday morning

Don't feel like working... yet. Hehe... So here I am. Weekend was ok. Went to a wedding on Saturday nite. Not a really good one. In fact, was quite bad. Food was mediocre (the rendang was already going bad when they serve it), the place was not nice at all - so not suitable for a wedding, and the pengapits were dressed like they were going to pasar malam. Yup, that's what happen when you try to be so modern is turns out looking so weird and cheap. Then we went to rumah Istana to get my MIL's (mom-in-law) sewing machine to start my little project! Hehe... And believe it or not, I started sewing immediately after we got back which was like at 12 midnite. (Yes, I was too excited!). And I think I did OK, but I had to be careful as I'm not used to sewing yet. Tried to sew one cloth pad quickly and turned out looking quite bad (but still wearable). So the next 2, I sewed carefully and turned out better. Not bad for a newbie. Hehe...

Yesterday (Sunday), went to Babies Kingdom in PJ to change one side of the baby cot's handle/railing - due to some slight defect to it. That was settled very quickly and then we went straight to rumah Istana again, as we were supposed to send Mama and Abah to LTH Kelana Jaya that nite (for their Hajj trip). Decided not to go back home and come back to KL again - waste fuel. I spent most of my time in rumah Istana sleeping and that nite we sent Mama and Abah. We got back to Putrajaya around 10pm and went for supper at a mamak place in Precint 9. Reached home at 11pm and... did some sewing again. Haha... I just wanted to try to sew curved seam as I feel that was the most difficult part to sew the cloth pad. Did it really slowly and the result was great - I tried sewing a nursing pad. Was satisfied after that and got ready for bed... it was around 12.30am. In my head I was already thinking of the stuff I wanted to sew before the baby arrives. Just simple projects... and so far I got the cloth pads, nursing pads, wetbags, cloth wipes, and baby's socks and mittens - the toughest of the lot. I got 3 months to go to complete my little project. :)

Today in fact I am already wearing one of the cloth pantyliner I made. Very comfortable. This has made me more excited to sew... did I just discovered a new hobby???

No comments:

Post a Comment